16 April 1988

Naked Raygun, The Slugs, Sixteen Tons at Friends & Co.

This was my first real Punk Rock show.  Johno drove Robbie's car down.  This was well before Lisa and i dated; it's possible this is where we first met and it's also possible that she didn't remember that.  This seems to be a recurring theme... perhaps i am more nondescript than i suspected.

The show was great.  It was in a small venue with a concrete floor.  I spent much of the time keeping bigger folks from slamming into smaller folks.  At one point my nose was bloodied, so i beat a hasty retreat to the bathroom.  I think i only missed one song, if that.

And Roller Queen is still stuck in my head.

The thumbtack hole at the top left of the ticket is from where i tacked it to the doorframe in my room up in Zion.  This was before i officially moved out of my folks' house.  Also before i had far too many ticket stubs to tack them to just one doorframe.

The lollipop says NAKED RAYGUN on the stick (it's a bit hard to read now).  I'm pretty sure it's from this show, but i did collect a lot of 'free shit' from various Raygun shows - but i remember this one being tacked to that same doorframe.  Also, is it wrong for me to want to eat a nearly 30 year old lollipop?

No comments:

Post a Comment